5 – PATTERNS
Below are some studding patterns for the basic configurations – 2,3,4 studs per lug. These are adequate for most applications. The main thing is to remember to maintain the arrow-head or vee shape when drilling and installing the studs so that you keep the traction balanced and don’t force the sled to one side or the other.
- take the time to lay out your pattern to get it right the first time
- avoid repeating scratch lines
- except in extreme cases, do not put studs in the outside belt
- consult your owners manual or your dealer for any special patterns
- ask your dealer if tunnel protectors have been factory installed. If not, have your dealer install them. DO NOT run traction without them.