Skorpions - KNT
This is a special stud. It’s unique arrowhead tip is solid carbide for excellent penetration. Because the arrowhead is sharp on all sides, it keeps its edge long after carbide picks have worn off and lost their penetration. The stud has the same features as the Hornet:
- Large flat head with rotation ribs to prevent rotation and loss of orientation
- 5/16" diameter shank for durability
- Hard nickel finish is brighter, looks better and is more durable than zinc
- Available in sizes from 1.000 to 1.340 – see chart
- Note: Skorpions should always be installed at a 45 degree angle to the edge of the track
- Note: Our recommendation is that only about 1 out of 3 studs should be a Skorpion. Because they are so aggressive, too many may cause your sled to push.
Thrusters - TNT
This is the ultimate drag stud.
- Heat treated for toughness so that it won’t bend.
- Patented triple-edge point gives un-equaled forward push.
- 4 degree chisel angle provides optimum traction in grass, snow or ice.
- Should be sharpened up for ice racing.
- 50% smaller cross section allows easier and deeper penetration.
- Smaller cross section also reduces weight – that reduces rotating mass.
- Flat, thin head has rotation ribs to prevent spinning and loss of orientation.
- Sold in two lengths only
- 1.180 for Camoplast drag tracks
- 1.890 for hill climbs or drag racing
Daggers - DNT
These studs have the sharpest points in the industry. Adequate and affordable traction for all surfaces, but the best stud for ice penetration. Steel tips can be resharpened to extend the life of the studs.
FOR SIZE AVAILABILITIES SEE CHART